Startup and Tech Firm Space for Lease in Manhattan and NYC
Find the perfect Startup and Tech Firm Space for Rent in NYC with Metro Manhattan! Manhattan is home to many big and small tech companies as well as numerous startups. Google owns the entire building at 111 8th Ave, Facebook resides at 770 Broadway, Twitter is located at 249W 17th, Instagram has offices at 770 Broadway, Salesforce has offices at 1095 Avenue of the Americas, Vimeo (owned by IAC) owns space at 555 West 18th Street, Spotify has offices at 45 W 18th St, Squarespace is located at 225 Varick St, Trello can be found at 55 Broadway. Large and small tech companies alike value office space in Manhattan and NYC.
Manhattan has always represented a prime location for major startups and multinational tech businesses. There is a strong pool of employee talent to choose from and the proximity to other major tech players and financial service providers creates strong synergy.
For over 17 years, Metro Manhattan Office Space has successfully negotiated many hundreds of leases for office space in New York City. Make use of our knowledge of the available listings, landlords and buildings, and take advantage of record low square footage costs in 2021 by securing a highly favorable long-term lease to reduce your business’s long-term real estate costs. Browse our listings or call us for access to thousands of properties not currently listed on our site: (212) 444-2241
Should You Lease Loft or Traditional Office Space for Startups?
Many tech companies prefer the aesthetic of loft spaces, as do their employees. Considered modern and efficient, loft spaces encourage creativity. They feature open ceilings, brick walls, large windows with an abundance of natural light, open roof decks as well as concrete or wood floors. Open concept spaces common to lofts, enable employees to communicate and collaborate easily and effectively.
Traditional office spaces are often preferred by larger seasoned companies who run streamlined branches of their business, perfectly outfitted for their desired functionality. Whether your company prefers to rent a loft or a traditional office, Manhattan has ample options for both. Metro Manhattan Office Space is ready to help you find a perfect startup office space to rent for your business. Contact us to consult about the best available spaces on the market today that fit your requirements and criteria.
Why Should Your Company Consider Leasing a Loft Space?
- Reduced rent compared to traditional office space
- Potentially reduced buildout costs since there is no need for immaculately finished areas, while still having an office that your employees and customers will enjoy
- Better work environment for employees, leading to higher employee retention
- Loft spaces often feature rooftop decks which extend your usable space and make it easy to catch some sun, have private conversations and hold special events
- The loft aesthetic is very popular for many modern businesses
Common Tenant Considerations
- Location that services the needs of the business and attracts top employees
- Ability to expand within building
- Access to public transportation for employees
- Building amenities (gyms, waiting areas, bathrooms, shops etc)
- Telecommunications (fiber internet access, VoIP, 4G/5G cellular availability etc.)
- Building security
- Neighboring tenants
- Office space buildout, signage and other customizations
- Favorable and flexible lease terms
- Overall leasing costs
- Software developers
- Web service companies
- SaaS companies
- Venture capital firms
- Mobile app developers
- Video streaming providers
- Other tech startups
Office Space Leasing Costs in Manhattan
(Updated November 2021)
Class A Buildings: $45 to $130 per square foot
Class B Buildings: $33 to $80 per square foot
Class C Buildings: $26 to $55 per square foot
Loft Space Leasing Costs in Manhattan
(Updated Feb. 2021)
Soho: $45 to $80 per square foot
Tribeca: $35 to $70 per square foot
Chelsea: $30 to $80 per square foot
Garment District: $26 to $50 per square foot
Ready to get help?
Talking to us will give you new insights. Our goal is to facilitate your search for a new space while protecting your interests and saving you money. Call us at (212) 444-2241 and benefit from our 17 years of specialized commercial real estate experience in Manhattan.
New York Office Building “Classes”
Regardless of whether you need traditional office space, an open plan commercial loft or a short-term executive office suite, it is helpful to understand the differences between “A”, “B” or “C” office buildings:
Class A Buildings: Prestigious and Luxurious
- Lobbies attended by staff 24/7
- Air-conditioned lobbies and common areas
- Property management on premises
- High level of capital improvements
- Cleaning services included in the base rents
- Advanced fire alarm and security systems
Class B Buildings: Affordable & Functional
- Traditional lobbies and corridors
- 24/7 tenant access
- Attended lobbies, mostly during business hours
Class C Buildings: Bare Bones and Cost Effective
Class C buildings offer the most affordable NYC office space for lease. They are usually former warehouse or manufacturing buildings converted to office use. In some cases attended, the lobbies may range from nice and acceptable to bare bones and functional. Class C buildings are great for start-ups that are seeking an inexpensive office space to lease in NYC.